Cauliflower Crust Pizza
for 2 servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tomatoes, skinned and grated
- 4 tbsp ketchup
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- ½ cauliflower head, grated
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Freshly sliced basil leaves
- Add olive into a medium-low heat saucepan.
- Add garlic. Stir for about a minute until fragrant. Do not brown the garlic!
- Turn heat to low.
- Add fresh oregano. Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add dried oregano and chilli flakes. Stir to mix.
- Add grated tomatoes and ketchup. Bring to a simmer.
- Add salt and sugar. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Set aside and let cool.
- Grate cauliflower until fine.
- In a frying pan, cook grated cauliflower for a few minutes to draw out some moisture on low heat. Do not overcook the cauliflower.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all ingredients for the crust.
- On a greased baking tray, pour in cauliflower dough and flatten it into a rounded pizza crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 230°C.
Assemble the pizza
- Spread sauce over the crust evenly.
- Top with lots of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 230°C or until cheese are melted.
- Top with sliced fresh basil leaves. Enjoy!