Balinese Style “Sate Lilit”November 7, 2017
Ginger Milk Pudding “姜汁撞奶”November 22, 2017
Chocolate Lava Cake – A dessert made from a dreamy milky-chocolate-fluffy cake filled with scrumptious molten lava chocolate filling. Served with ice cold vanilla ice cream on top.
This amazing dessert is made with just 5 ingredients – chocolate, butter, eggs, sugar and flour. In this recipe we used Callebaut Signature 811 Dark Chocolate, the finest Belgian chocolate that lift our recipe to a whole new level.
Difficulty level: Beginner
100 g dark chocolate – we recommend Callebaut Signature 811 Dark Chocolate
100 g unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
100 g sugar
50 g flour
Some butter and sugar to grease and dust 4 ramekins
Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven at 210 degrees Celsius. Note: Oven setting may varies.
- Grease ramekins with butter and dust with sugar. Shake off excess sugar.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add dark chocolate and butter. Microwave at 20-second intervals. Stir in between intervals. Repeat until chocolate and butter is fully melted.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar until foamy.
- Mix flour into the egg-sugar mixture.
- Gradually add melted chocolate into the egg-sugar-flour mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Divide chocolate batter evenly between the four ramekins. The ramekins shouldn’t be more than 3/4 full.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the top is set and the edges of the cake starts to pull away from the ramekin.
- Let cakes sit for 2 to 3 minutes when they come out from the oven.
- Flip ramekin upside-down onto a dessert plate.
- Gently tap the ramekin and cake should fall out.
- Top with vanilla ice cream and cocoa powder, or simply icing sugar.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!