Easy Chicken Green Curry
for 3 to 4 servings
- 2 chicken thighs, 2 chicken drumsticks
- 200 g eggplant
- 100 g long beans
- 400 ml water
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- Some Thai sweet basil
Green Curry Paste
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, toasted
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, toasted
- 150 g green chillies
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 whole red onion
- 4 stalks lemongrass
- 8 kaffir lime leaves
- 40 g ginger
- 20 g coriander
- Toast together coriander and cumin seeds for 30 seconds on medium-heat.
- Blend together toasted coriander and cumin seeds, green chillies, garlic, onion, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, ginger and coriander into a fine paste.
- Boil water and green curry paste.
- Add chicken. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Add coconut milk. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add brown sugar and salt to taste.
- Add eggplant and green beans. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
- Add basil. Simmer for 1 minute. Off the heat.
- Good to go with fragrance jasmine rice. Garnish with some coriander. Enjoy!