Overnight Oats 4 WaysAugust 11, 2017
Hong Kong Style Egg Tarts “港式蛋撻”September 8, 2017
Servings: 2 to 3 persons
Difficulty level: Intermediate
6 chicken wings
6 salted egg yolks
20 -30 curry leaves
2-3 dried chillies, chopped
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp ginger, minced
1 tbsp garlic, minced
¼ cup evaporated milk
1 tsp salt
½ tsp white pepper
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp rice wine
- In a mixing bowl, mix together chicken wings, salt, white pepper, sugar and rice wine. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Separate 6 salted egg yolks from the whites. Steam egg yolks for 10 minutes on medium heat. Mash steamed egg yolks as fine as possible. Set aside.
- Add 1 egg into the chicken wings. Mix until evenly coated. Evenly coat chicken wings with potato starch. Deep-fry chicken wings for 5 to 7 minutes or until cooked through. Drain and set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil into medium heat frying pan. Add curry leaves and dried chillies. Stir-fry until aromatic. Add butter. Stir until butter is melted. Add mashed salted egg yolks. Stir-fry until foamy. Add ginger and garlic. Stir-fry for about a minute. Add evaporated milk. Stir-fry until well mixed. Add fried chicken wings. Toss until evenly coated.
- Serve while it’s hot, and enjoy!