Stuffed Crab “釀蟹蓋”December 28, 2017
Cheesy Golden “Wonton” Money Bags “黃金福袋”January 18, 2018
The best and simple way to showcase the goodness and “sweetness” of fresh seafood – Steam it with less seasoning. My personal favourite in this recipe is the egg. It is nicely incorporated with the liquid from the steamed prawns and the aroma of Shaoxing wine. Really, it is da bomb!
If you’re looking for fresh, locally caught seafood, you can purchase them directly at My Fishman’s website. They do deliver to your home 😉
Use promo code “CCC10” to get 10% off your first purchase – https://myfishman.com/discount/CCC10
Here’s the recipe:
Servings: 3 to 4 persons
Difficulty level: Beginner
8 to 12 (about 320 to 480 g) sea prawns, deveined and cleaned
2 (about 75 ml) egg white
75 ml water
2 tbsp Shaoxing wine
½ tsp salt
½ tsp sugar
15 g ginger, julienned
Spring onion, chopped
- Combine egg white, water, Shaoxing wine, salt and sugar. Lightly whisk and mix until well combined. Set aside
- Devein prawns with toothpick and clean them.
- Place prawns on a heatproof dish.
- Top prawns with julienned ginger.
- Steam prawns for 5 minutes on high heat.
- Remove prawns from wok. Do not remove any liquid from the steamed prawns – that’s GOLD!
- Pour egg white mixture around the prawns. Remove any bubbles.
- Tip: Cover dish with heatproof cling wrap. This will ensure you a silky smooth steamed egg surface.
- Return to the steamer for 8 on high heat or until egg is set. Time may vary depending on your flame and dish type – Metal dishes cook faster than ceramic dishes.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions.
- Serve while it’s hot. Enjoy!